CODE OF CONDUCT
Creep I.E. Con strives to be a safe event for everyone. If you plan on attending Creep I.E. Con, please read and understand our “Code of Conduct” policies.
Let’s work together to make Creep I.E. Con a safe and fun space for all.
Creep I.E. Con reserves the right to eject any individual at any time from the Ontario Convention Center / Event premise. No refunds will be provided in this scenario.
Failure to adhere to our code of conduct may result in:
- Mediation by the Convention staff.
- Verbal warnings
- Turning individual over to security
- Ejection from CreepIE Con
- Contacting local law enforcement
All Attendees, vendors and guests are subject to searches before entering the event since we will be using Magnetometers and wands before entering the event.
No outside Food & Beverages are allowed inside the building.
BADGES / WRISTBANDS –
CreepIE Con badges (VIP / Vendors) & Wristbands (GA) must be worn at all times by all attendees and staff. A badge / wristband is only valid for the individual to whom it was issued. Badges / Wristbands may not be shared.
PERSONAL INTERACTION –
We ask that you respect others so that everyone is comfortable and feels safe.
- Harassment will not be tolerated and is a violation of the code of conduct.
- If someone asks you to leave them alone or tells you no, stop and walk away immediately.
- Discrimination of any sort is not tolerated and is a violation of the code of conduct.
- Discrimination is not limited to gender, race, ethnicity, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or physical / mental disability.
- If you feel that you have been harassed or discriminated against :
Tell the individual that their behavior is inappropriate
If you do not feel comfortable talking with the individuals involved, please immediately report the situation to convention staff. If possible provide a name and physical description of the person or persons involved.
*PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT UNLESS AN INCIDENT IS REPORTED, NOTHING CAN BE DONE.
Only service animals are allowed in event function spaces.
- Regardless of any government permits, no actual weapon or item that can be mistaken for a weapon can be carried (openly or concealed) on properties being used for CreepIE Con at any time, unless it has been peace bonded. If a member wishes to carry such a weapon, it must be presented to Convention Operations upon entry to CreepIE Con. The Convention security staff is the final arbiter of what weapons require peace bonding or if a particular weapon / item is prohibited. If anyone is unsure of what is realistic, the convention security staff will be happy to check it.
- Any actual weapon or item that can be mistaken for a weapon that is purchased in the vendor hall must be wrapped and immediately transported to your vehicle or hotel room. If the purchaser wishes to use the item during the convention, please see rules above.
- If an actual weapon or item that can be mistaken for a weapon is part of a masquerade costume or cosplay, it must be transported to and from the costume event wrapped securely unless it is peace bonded. Live steel and projectile items are prohibited. The convention security team is the final arbiter on what is considered “live steel or projectile”. Any weapon (actual, realistic or toy) that is utilized in a threatening or harmful manner is a violation of our code of conduct.
- A Cosplay weapons check in table before entering, tagging items before entering the building
- Absolutely no steel, sharp blades or projectiles will be permitted inside the Convention Center. If you purchase an item that can be deemed as such from a vendor it must be immediately wrapped and taken to your vehicle or hotel room.
PRIVACY, PHOTOGRAPHY AND ELECTRONIC RECORDING –
- Creep I.E. Con attendees, vendors and volunteers should be aware that photographs, video and audio recordings occur during the convention, and that their likeness may appear in these recordings. Attendees, vendors and volunteers agree to assign without compensation the use of their likeness for the use of promotional material.
- Creep I.E. Con welcomes members of the press to our event. All journalists, media photographers and other members of press are required to display an official Creep I.E. Con Press Badge.
- Members should be polite and ask before taking photographs or recordings of members and attendees whenever possible. Photography and audio/video recordings for personal archival use are generally acceptable unless an individual makes it clear that they do not wish to be photographed or recorded in which case it becomes expressly forbidden.
- The usage of photographic or recording devices is prohibited in certain areas of the convention. Where allowed, please take photographs before or after a program event to avoid distracting panelists and audience members.
SALES OF MERCHANDISE –
The offering for sale of any merchandise may only occur in designated areas with the permission of Creep I.E. Con.
Creep I.E. Con reserves the right to amend the code of conduct at any time without prior or posted notice and reserves the sole right of interpretation. The rules stated above are no all-inclusive.
Any action or behavior that is illegal, unsafe, or causes significant interference with convention operations, excessive discomfort to attendees or adversely affects Creep I.E. Con’s relationship with its guests, the venue or the public is strictly prohibited.